How to make a caterpillar puppet
- Ideally you need two sheets of A3 paper (one green and one yellow is ideal), a stick from the garden and some string and a pipe cleaner if you’ve got one to make the antennae. If you don't have the A3 paper then just use whatever you've got to hand. Caterpillars come in all shapes and sizes and if you're using smaller sheets you can just stick them together
- First of all cut the sheets of paper into 4cm wide strips and give each child one of each colour
- Next cut out a large circle to make the head and stick this to the end of the tower and cut out two circles with two smaller black circles inside to create the eyes. If you don’t have any black paper you can draw in the eyes
- Then take your pipe cleaner and cut two small pieces off and tape these to the back of the head and position them so they curl forward
- Finally, tape or staple a piece of string to the front and the back of the caterpillar and then tie the other ends to the stick to give you the handle to move the puppet about.