This is a brilliant game to roll out at your next dinner party. It has particular appeal to competitive sporting friends and any kids will find it thoroughly entertaining too - ideal to keep them occupied over Christmas lunch. The Dinner Table Olympics is essentially a series of competitive sporting events that utilise your dining room table and other kitchen and eating paraphernalia.
• Coin Curling: guests compete to flick a coin along the dining table towards three concentric circle targets that have been chalked out at the end of the table. If your coin is in the outer circle you score one point, next circle two points and middle circle three points.
• Biscuis: Discus with Digestives. Players compete to see who can throw their Digestive biscuit the furthest. If you're playing in a small space then you might want to get guests to compete to throwing it towards a target.
• Ice Cube Hockey: a game of table hockey played with ice cubes and cutlery. Mark out goal posts at either end of your table. Play is in pairs, with one player in goal and the other playing in the field. The aim of the game is to shoot the ice cube into your opponents goal using your fork. The first team to three goals wins.
• Sugar Cube Basketball: guests have three attempts to net a point (or points) by shooting their three sugar cubes (or similar table objects) into the sugar bowl.
• Race on your Face: a competitive sprint to race a cheese biscuit (or similar object) from forehead to mouth by wriggling your features. If the item drops off, pick it up and place back on your forehead. First player to get the item in their mouth wins.
• Olympic Torch Candle: a competition to see who can blow out the candles from the greatest distance.
For many more ideas on how to organise yourself some fun, click here to buy your copy of Organised Fun, Organised Fun for Kids or Organised Fun for Grown-ups