How do we play it?
- Mark out your racetrack. I’d suggest not being too ambitious with distance at this stage and set out something which is around 3 metres in length.
- Get one adult lined up with the child at the starting point and the other adult positioned at the end of the track.
- On the word ‘Go!’, babies are released and race (well, that’s the hope anyway) to their adult partner who is waiting and cooing like a maniac at the other end of the track.
- The adult at the end of the track is allowed to make as many encouraging noises as they like to entice the baby over but are not allowed to use their hands at all.
- The first baby to touch their racing partner’s knees at the other end of the track wins.
- For this and many more ideas on how to organise yourself some fun, click here to buy your copy of Organised Fun, Organised Fun for Kids or Organised Fun for Grown-ups